How to Create the Perfect Mission Statement For Your Small Business
A good mission statement is a necessity for every business. A mission statement is significant because it influences your company's value. Learn how to create one that's effective and representative of you and your business!
What is a mission statement?
A good mission statement defines the purpose of a business and answers three questions about why they exist. A good mission statement will include:
- What your business does
- Who your business is for
- How your business does what it does
How to write a mission statement
So how do you ensure you don't end up with a dull or stale mission statement? Think about what makes your business what it is. Don't be afraid to let your business's personality shine.
Below are four tips for writing a great mission statement:
- Be unique – Let your business's brand and personality show!
- Be concise – Keep it short and sweet!
- Be specific – Avoid being generic and making statements that are not unique to you and your business.
- Be values driven – Talk about what values define your company.
Coming up with a well-written mission statement doesn't need to be complicated. However, it should require—and deserve—some thought.